Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!



I love Christmas! I love the lights, decorations, food, presents, joyful mood, and of course the reason why we celebrate Christmas. Chris likes Christmas. His family has never been as gung-ho as mine in decorating (it is an art form the way we put lights on a tree) or entertaining for Christmas. However, thanks to my blogging buddies and your stories, he felt somewhat chastised for his lack of enthusiasm when it came to the "man job" of decorating outside. So, thanks to you friends I now have icicle lights on my back porch! This may not sound like a huge deal to anyone else, but trust me, it's the first time in nine Christmases that this much work was done on his part. Oh wait! Did you hear that? That was the hallelujah chorus singing in the background just then! Ha ha ha! Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

The Browning's said...

way to go Chris. Mark likes the lights but doesn't want to put all of that work into it. so I really know what you are talking about.

Erica Simpson said...

GO Chris!
A fellow Griswald! :)

Wanda May said...

Love your tree, love especially the mantel. Proud of Chris. Boyce is not crazy about putting up lights, but it is the "taking down" we hate!!!! See you morrow night

Carol said...

So glad we could help! :-)Way to go Chris!

Alicia Jane said...

Glad I can get back on your blog!! I thought you blocked me :) Your decorations are beautiful! We SERIOUSLY need to get the kiddos together soon!!

Staffanne said...

Love your decorations. And, you are right, it is the "Most Wonderful Time of The Year!"

Emily V. said...

Your tree looks great. Good job on the lights Chris. Luv you guys.

Stephanie said...

I love the mantle! Your stocking are so pretty!!! Love the tree too! I was finally able to get on your blog:)